How do I get UK Visa Sponsorship?

You will need to find a Veterinary Practice that is an accredited A-rated sponsor under the UK Home Office points-based immigration system.

This means that we are entitled to issue Certificates of Sponsorship to veterinary surgeons who are not UK or EU citizens or entitled to reside and work in the UK (subject to meeting all the criteria for the issue of a Certificate of Sponsorship, including being eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK).

If you would like to move to the UK and work in the UK as a veterinary surgeon, and you are not a UK or EU citizen or entitled to reside and work in the UK, you will generally need a Tier 2 (General) Visa, which would allow you to work for a specific employer in the UK for the duration specified in the Tier 2 (General) Visa.

After working in the UK for 5 years, you should be entitled to apply for settlement (UK permanent residence) which would then allow you to work for any employer or to be self-employed.

Leave a Reply